Canada Visitor Visa And Extensions

Applications for Visitor Visas, or Temporary Resident Visas, must be submitted with a number of supporting documentations required to satisfy the immigration officer that the foreign national will be visiting Canada for a temporary stay.  Decisions are usually rendered within a few weeks. 

To travel to Canada most visitors need:

  1. A valid Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
  2. A valid Visitor Visa.
  3. Proper identification such as a passport.

You must also:

  • Show that you have sufficient funds to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada as well as for your return transportation.
  • Show that you plan to leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
  • Not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so.
  • Be a law abiding citizen and have no record of criminal activity.
  • Not be a health risk. Completion of a medical exam may be required. 


In addition to the above mentioned requirements, the child/grandchild sponsor in Canada has to meet the following requirements in order to be eligible under the Supervisa program:

  • Prove that they meet a minimum income threshold under the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO).
  • Provide a written statement that they will be providing financial support to the parent/grandparent during their stay in Canada.
  • Have a medical insurance coverage of $100,000 of duration of at least one year for the parent/grandparent.


A foreign national may qualify as business visitor if they are coming to Canada to participate in international business activities without being part of the Canadian labour market, or are visiting Canada temporarily to look for ways to grow their business, invest, or advance business relationships. Business Visitor Visas are valid for up to 6 months at a time. 

To qualify as a business visitor to Canada, the applicant must show that, among other requirements, they plan to stay in Canada for less than 6 months.

If you are a business visitor, you will need either a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to come to Canada.  You may also be required to provide your biometrics (photo and fingerprints) if applying for a visitor visa.

Contact us now to determine under which Temporary Visitor Visa you qualify for and how to send in your application.

Our Immigration Services: Canada Express Entry | Business Visa | Provincial Nominee Programs | Humanitarian and Compassionate Application | Study Visa | Work Permit | Sponsorship | Visitor Visa | Settlement Visa

Conquest Immigration Inc. provides Canadian Immigration Services to clients all over the world. We are centrally located, serving clients in Canada, Ontario GTA, and Toronto, Brampton, Etobicoke, North York, York, East York, Scarborough, Pickering, Guelph, Ajax, Kitchener, Whitby, Hamilton, Markham, Vaughan, Cambridge, Milton, Waterloo, Peterborough, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Barrie, London.

Speak to our Mississauga Immigration Consultants (647) 782-7199 or (647) 208-3134